Subhash Chandra Bose – The symbol of youth in the history of Indian freedom struggle. The British, who boasted of an empire that never set kneed in front of this revolutionary man who set out to defeat them with weapons. His passion for his country & people is known world-wide.
On the 15th of August 1945, the world heard that painful news, Netaji has got killed in an air crash in Taiwan. Many conspiracy theories and stories began to pop up on his death. Anyhow, his disappearance made India into great mystery and dejection.
Is his death on the air crash literal?
What are the hidden mysteries?
Here we go.
According to Mr Sreejith Panicker and team, There are three possibilities in the disappearance of Netaji.
- Netaji must have died in Taiwan air crash: The research chair has proved that Netaji has not killed in Taiwan air crash. Taiwan air crash itself is a fabricated story. The research chair contacted and communicated with the mayor of the air crash area. The mayor helped the team by searching for records on the air crash from Tohoku airport. But, he couldn’t see any data on the air crash. The chair transferred this information to the Mukherjee Commission ( Mukherjee Commission is the Commission formed to inquire about the disappearance of Netaji.). The Commission went to Tohoku to check out the records and got convinced about the fabricated air crash story. Hence it is proved that Netaji has not killed in Taiwan air crash.
- Netaji would have got escaped to Russia and become the prisoner in Siberia and may have assassinated by Stalin: This theory is the most substantial conspiracy theory. But the truth is, there is no proper evidence for this theory. This theory was just an assumption of the Mukherjee Commission. Hence this theory has no corroboration. So, moving on to the last possibility.
- The story of Gumnami Baba: It’s a possibility beyond belief. No one can believe that Netaji would have led such a life. But it is true. Netaji existed in India in the form of Gumnami Baba too known as Bhagvanji till 1985. At the end of 15 years of research, the research chair has proved this with all kind of evidence. ( Gumnami Baba means a sage without a proper name).
The Theory of Gumnami Baba and the DNA & HANDWRITING test: The Mukherjee Commission depended upon two kinds of scientific evidence to inquire about this theory.
- DNA test: The Mukherjee Commission collected seven teeth from the house of Gumnami Baba and had done a DNA test by sending those teeth to Research Labs at Hyderabad & Kolkata. From one of those Research labs, they said that they didn’t get enough samples to extract the DNA. The other lab’s result was negative, Which means that the DNA of both Gumnami Baba and Netaji doesn’t match. The Gumnami Baba has got expired in the year of 1985. The Mukherjee Commission has got existed in the year of 1999. They found those teeth after this much years. Too many difference of opinion based on those teeth sprout out. Many said that those teeth were not Gumnami Baba’s teeth. Many opposed that. The research chair asked those DNA reports and Electropherogram from the Government for further clarification. But the Government denied giving those reports especially the Electropherogram and they said that they don’t own any reports or records on the DNA test. So the DNA test has no clarity though.
- HANDWRITING Test: The Government report based on the handwriting test is also negative, which means the handwriting of both Gumnami Baba & Netaji doesn’t match. But when the Commission rechecked the report by an independent handwriting expert Dr Lal Kapoor, the handwriting matched 100%.
But unfortunately, the Commission had no choice to prove Gumnami Baba & Netaji are the same because they had no Government-issued reports or records with them.
NETAJI & HIS VIEWS ON SPIRITUALISM
Netaji’s predisposition on spiritualism was very high. We could realize that by reading Netaji’s unfinished autobiography called “AN INDIAN PILGRIM”. In this book, Netaji quotes that ‘The call from the Himalayas is unearthly and exceptional so, I (Netaji) would have gone to the Himalayas for the meditation if Indian Independence Movement was not there if India was free from other powers’. Not only that he also quotes that ‘ Could I return if I’ve gone to the Himalayas for the Meditation’. Netaji left his home at the age of sixteen in search of a Guru just like Swami Vivekananda. Netaji returns after having an exact view about the future of the country and the mission of every youth.
Netaji’s minister Mr S A Aiyer quoted in his book called ‘UNTO HIM A WITNESS’ that when Netaji was at the war theatre at Burma, He used to visit Ramakrishna Mission after planning Japan war strategies at 2 am. S A Aiyer also states that Netaji used to wear silk cloth and carry a rosary in his hand and starts to Meditate for hours.
So it is clear that Netaji had a limpid Spiritual inclination.
Hence This inclination itself proves that Netaji and Gumnami Baba are the same.
REASONS BEHIND HIS CONVERSION
May be, After the Independence of India, on behalf of the transfer of power, Britain would stress India to handover Netaji. If India agreed to handover Netaji, it would end up in a conflict among people of India. If India refuses to handover Netaji, it would also end up in squabble for sure. And also a violation of an international agreement. The disputes and all may affect the trade and economy. To avoid all these, Netaji said to his beloved people that Netaji was ready to live an Incognito life.
‘My coming out is not on the country’s interest’ he said.
Not only this, but there are also many more political and spiritual reasons behind the change of Netaji.
GOVERNMENT EVIDENCE ON NETAJI’S DISAPPEARANCE
The Government holds much evidence on Netaji’s disappearance for sure. But they were not ready to disclose those evidence based on the Right to Information act. There were 42 documents in the Prime Ministers office which classified as Top secret documents, Secret documents and Confidential documents. There were much more documents in other Government ministry offices. The research chair has been officially asking for those documents but, the Government declined that for years.
In 2012, CIC the upper body of RTI passed an order to the Government to issue all the information on Netaji. AT last, the research chair got a 10000 paged document on Netaji. From that data, the chair popped up a question to the Government became a great sensation. The interrogation was – Why the Government continuously followed and observed Netaji’s nephews for 20 years (from 1948 to 1968) by using 16 IB officers?
After few years Prime Minister Narendra Modi agreed with the request of the research chair to disclose all the evidence on Netaji. On the 23rd of January 2016, On the occasion of Netaji’s birth anniversary Government divulged much information on Netaji. All the Top Secret, Secret and Confidential documents have got published by the Government. And also got digitalized and Copied. Then the Government followed a scheme based revelation of data every month. The Government disclosed 995 data on behalf of that scheme. After publishing this 995 evidence the Government proclaimed that they had issued all data on Netaji which is not veracious. The Government promised to the research chair that they resolve the mystery behind Netaji. But the Government didn’t sort out that.
NETAJI & GANDHIJI
Netaji and Gandhiji were the two chief icons of the Indian Independence Movement. They are incomparable. Their ideologies are poles apart. Gandhiji’s way of war movement was Ahimsa but, Netaji’s was Himsa as Britain. But Netaji’s and Gandhiji’s relationship was good enough. Netaji tried his best to have a good relationship between them, even though there were differences of opinions between them.
Netaji called Gandhiji ‘THE FATHER OF NATION’ and also asked for his blessings before leaving to Japan for the war. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose named one of his regiment after Gandhiji.
Anyhow, It is Clear that Netaji led a disguised life in India in the name of Gumnami Baba. But plenty of mysteries are to be resolved though. The research chair; Sreejith Panicker and team and still working on this project to sort out the real mystery. Let’s hope for the best and let’s thank them and wish them all the very best.